Thank you for your messages and reminders those past few days that RFI was down, thanks to spammers loving me a bit too much… The site is back up, and I sure hope it stays that way!
It had been creeping up slowly, with dozens of daily spam not being filtered by akismet, supposed to be the best spam plugin around, and suddenly Hostgator declared the repeated spam was using too much bandwidth on the shared server.
Looks like all is good now, so stay tuned next week for freshly pressed posts! For now, I am off to enjoy my village’s fiesta, tonight was the beauty pageant, and we have a weekend packed with rodeos and ranchera concerts, like last year.
In the meanwhile, if you have any suggestions on how to better filter spammers, I am all ears. And no, I won’t put CAPTCHA that make your eyes sore and deter this lovely community from commenting ever again.
Have a nice weekend!
Latest posts by Pauline (Posts)
- Travel on a budget in 2019 - January 23, 2019
- Should You Buy Cheap Clothes? These 5 Surprising Reasons Will Convince You - January 18, 2019
- From the Classical to The Classics- A Journey Through Greece - January 17, 2019
- What does it take to buy a house? - January 9, 2019
- How in the World Can I Pay Off My Debt? - December 19, 2018