The United States of America is a destination most working professionals and travellers have on their list. Being one of the most visited countries in the world, it houses many tourist attractions, finance hubs and culture capitals across its landscape. Travelling to the United States of America is a life goal for many, therefore one must remember certain things to consider before they embark on their journey.
Image Source: Shutterstock
The unpredictability of illness and injury is an anxiety most people hold, which is why they invest in health insurance. However there is the added anxiety of these situations arising while travelling to a foreign country where medical coverage costs and expenses may be vastly different from their own. Travelling from India to the Unites States of America is a cost-intensive affair in itself, and adding to those expenses one might have to spend additional funds towards healthcare facilities if they meet with an accident or fall ill while travelling in the USA.
Travel insurance for USA entails the complete end-to-end coverage of hospitalization costs, ambulance fees, including pre and post-op care incurred by the insured while travelling to the USA. With providers like Care Health Insurance, a policyholder can avail cashless facility of admitted to a partner hospital in the USA, claim insurance against lost baggage, and even extend their policy in case their trip lasts longer than expected.
Since one can see how travel insurance for USA is an essential insurance solution for unforeseen circumstances, let us look at the things to know before buying travel insurance for USA:
1. No Medical Screening: Travel insurance for USA does not require any additional medical screening of the insured before having to purchase the policy, unlike standard insurance plans.
2. Cashless Claim Facility: If the insured is hospitalized in the USA at a partner hospital, the insured can send a claim request to their insurance provider with the help of the partner hospital; and the insurance provider settles all bills and expenses directly with the hospital.
3. Coverage: Travel insurance for USA provides extensive coverage for a host of situations which makes it an end-to-end insurance solution for many. It covers all medical bills and procedure costs incurred at the partner hospital due to personal accident or sudden illness. In the event of accidental death of the insured, the insurance provider will process a lump sum compensation to the beneficiaries of the insured; additionally they will also oversee the repatriation of the insured’s remains to their country.
Travel insurance for USA also provides cost coverage for the following situations:
- Hijack Distress Allowance, Flight Delay, Loss of Passport, Loss of Check-in Baggage, Delay of Check-in Baggage, and Missed Connection Flight.
- Trip Delay, Trip Cancellation, , Emergency Trip Extension, and Trip Abandonment
- Bounced Hotel Booking and Hotel Accommodation.
- Loss of Baggage and Personal Documents, Emergency Cash Assistance and Bail Bond.
4. Zero Deductibles: Travel insurance or USA has the additional provision where the insured does not have to pay any share of the claim amount at the time of the settlement at the hospital.
5. Total Baggage Insurance: The costs incurred in damage or losses of baggage of the insured is completely covered by the insurance provider. Travel insurance for USA also covers the costs incurred by the insured if they have to make emergency utility purchases if their baggage is delayed.
6. Policy Extension: In the event that an insured has to extend their trip to the USA, some insurance providers may automatically extend their insurance for 7 days while others may wait for intimation of renewal for up to 365 days of extension.
7. Exclusions: Travel insurance for USA has certain situational exclusions, which are not covered under their plan. They are as follows:
- Injury/Death from Act of Terrorism
- Breach of Law
- Pre-existing Diseases
- Losses due to Consumption of Substances or Intoxication
- Cosmetic/Obesity Treatment
- Adventure Sports
Therefore, investing in travel insurance for USA is a cognizant decision that can cover many unforeseen situations that may arise while travelling, one should duly read all features before purchasing.