- Hey everyone, I hope you had a lovely week. If you haven’t yet, remember to enter the
- Not much to say today about life, it is business as usual, the workers are still around but it should be their last week. BF is away so I have been working on the blog, he was complaining I spend too much time online so I am hoping to make some progress until he gets back.
- On blogging news, I did a lot of little things on the blog, starting by putting up the new logo I had delivered about a week ago. Slowly but surely taking steps to fight procrastination! Miss T was the only one to notice, so I guess it is harmoniously integrated within the theme… I am also trying out ad banners in a way to reach my financial goal of 25 times more blog income in 2013!
I want to thank everyone who came to the rescue about my font problem when copy pasting from Word to WordPress, and in particular Average Joe, who is the reason why this blog should have a decent font from now on. He suggested I use Windows Live Writer, which allows you to write your posts offline and they upload to your blog, and that is really neat if you have a crappy internet provider.
Edward offered a solution to link WordPress to Word, but you need a recent version of Word to do so. With Live Writer, you can download it online for free and get going. The features include category setting, tags, pictures, etc… and everything will be uploaded to your blog, as a post or a draft if you want to add some other stuff with WP plugins. The feature I really, REALLY love is when you want to add a link you copied from somewhere, you just have to select an anchor, CTRL+K, and by default the content of your clipboard will be pasted and linked. It should save a lot of time. Thank you Joe!
Another change that I have been thinking about for a while is link love. I read tons of articles every week and want to give them a little light on the blog, if you haven’t noticed I often link to other bloggers within my articles and try to mention posts that relate to my topics so my link love is shorter on Friday.
Still there are many cool reads so I will publish a 6th post on Saturdays called Carnival of Financial Independence. I have registered it on Blogger Carnivals so starting next week, you will be able to go there and submit any post that is relevant to your financial journey, simple living, investment and progress towards financial independence.
I am hoping that the carnival submissions will help me notice posts from new blogs, since I am getting comfy with the usual suspects, and need to explore more, but while things are getting started, I will chose a few articles who did not submit if the carnival is too thin.
Stay tuned tomorrow for some great posts!
I published four posts this week
A great guest post from Justin at The Frugal Path: Planning for financial success
Thank you to everyone who mentioned RFI this week, I really appreciate it.
- Frugal Rules, The Happy Homeowner, The Frugal Farmer, The Random Path, Club Thrifty, Carnival of Financial Planning, Canadian Budget Binder, Money Bulldog, Eyes on the Dollar, Debt Roundup, Wise Dollar, Average Joe, Lifestyle Carnival, Outlier Model, Cashtastrophe, Carnival of Retirement, Carnival of Wealth, Carnival of Personal Finance, One Smart Dollar, Festival of Frugality, Savvy Scot, The Money Mail Carnival, Helpful Habits, Canadian Budget Binder (again, double thanks!)
Latest posts by Pauline (Posts)
- Why your mindset is more important than strategies when reaching financial independence. - December 12, 2013
- Investing in commodities - December 11, 2013
- Little house in Guatemala, week 52, back home edition - December 10, 2013
- The most expensive haunted houses - December 10, 2013
- November blog income and stats recap - December 9, 2013